New
Find
Notify
Tools

300 Weatherby mag loads ?????
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Was wondering if any one on here knows of some realy good 300Weatherby Mag loads using Remington brass...I know cheap stuff but got 300 unfierd casses new still in bags for $70

I noteced it dose not have the volume of my Nosler brass and seems to be very close to 300 Win Mag capacity wich is nice I dont want to much PUNCH for the Minnesota whitails, but I was noticing that my gun likes the Hevyer bullets 180-190gr ect so I was thinking of 190gr Hornady BTSP or 190gr Berger VLDs. Not to spendy but still have nice BC, has any one loaded any thing along these lines in the .300 Weatherby Mag in Remington brass ??? what powders did you use and such......

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use 77 gr of Imr 4350 with a 180 gr bullet.Accurate Arms 4350 should do the same thing but check reloading specs. This will shoot 1 inch groups with my win model 70 in 300 wby. I would back off a bit at first as this is a max load! Its over max in some loading guides but has worked swell in my gun.

Posts: 170 | Location: ky | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
With Remington brass I've only tried 200 grain Partitions and IMR 7828. It actually turned out to be a pretty good load. Nosler has pretty good data for the .300 weatherby in their manuals. If you don't have one I'd recommend one.

Now H1000 is pretty much the only powder I burn in my .300 Weatherby.

Posts: 1243 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been using H1000 but with 165gr Accu Bonds but when you scope wont hold zero any more it is had to see waht is going on... I think i am going to keep trying the H1000 and 190gr Hornady BTSP and also some 190gr VLDs when I get my new scope and see what happens....

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd recomend you back down 3 grains from wherever you would start with wby brass. (load manuals assume you are using wby brass.) You'll probably find you make the same velocity from rem at about 1.5-2 grains less powder with the rem brass (I'm recomending 3 grains for a bit of safety margin)

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Yep, 180 TSXs, 80.5gr of RL-22, Fed 215 primers. 3125-3150 fps 26" barrel MKV. jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Kraky's post is exactly the correct answer and matches my results with my RP and Weatherby brass tests. 1 1/2-2 grains LESS in RP cases gives approx. the same velocity as Wea. brass. His recommendation of dropping 3 grains and working up is good advice. I do like the RP brass I've used.