New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barnes 168 Grain .308 XLC's, Accurate?
 Login/Join

<chuk>
posted
Anyone had any experience with these? Are they easier to get to shoot accurately in your rifles compared with the 180's or any other weights of XLC's?

chuck

one of us
posted Hide Post
Chuk, I'm going to try them as soon as I can find them in a store. I haven't been able to find them yet. If I can't find them soon I will have to order some. I will post my results with them when I can. I will be loading them in 300WM.

I hope someone else can post how they like them.

Posts: 117 | Location: Tumwater, Washington | Registered: 13 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought some cause another guy was ranting and raving--they shot poor with several powders in my 30-06. Will try in 300 wby soon. Glad they come in 50's or I might have some left to try and sell you. I've had good luck with some barnes but as usual it's hit and miss.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They shot under .8moa at 200 yards in my 300 Ultra a couple weeks ago. The load was 98gr RL25, work up. 3370 fps and 61,700 psi on the Oehler 43.

Two other guys I know had luck with them so I tried them. They're either a litlle better bullet than their others or I just got lucky too. The 150, 165 or 180 didn't work that well, 1.5moa on average...Good luck.

Posts: 913 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote