THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger Bisley .45 Colt loads from Linebaugh!!!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted
www.customsixguns.com/writings...solving_the_myth.htm

He has some interesting loads for the Bisley shooters with .45 Colts. These loads are well beyond the normal range found in Hand-loading manuals and his EXPERIENCE with these is informative. His work is outstanding but a little spendy.

He makes some interesting comments about pressure and velocity:

The only way you can tell this is with Pressure equipment or a chronograph. With these powders VELOCITY MEANS PRESSURE. If you're not getting normal velocities, your powder is slow and not generating normal pressure.

I don't think that he cleared his information with Hotsh#t........ but then again almost everyone pays no attention to whatever Hotsh#t is pontificating about these days.

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 900 SS
posted Hide Post
I have tried similar loads with Vihtavuori N110 in my Vaquero. 300 grain cast at 1100 fps. My hand bled from two places and got a nice purple blister from the first couple of shots. I have since cut the indexfinger from a leatherglove and now I smile the day before and the two days after shooting these loads. They are accurate as well, shooting at steelhogs at 100 meters I know if its a hit before the bullet get there.

Posts: 408 | Location: Bardu, Norway | Registered: 25 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John is the real deal and a lot of fun to visit with. He is an old Missouri native and one of my best friends apprenticed with John and is a pretty accomplished gunsmith himself. His shop is in the boonys in Wyoming and at least a few years ago the only running water was the creek about 50 yards behind his shack. He liked to be able to build a sixgun, then shoot it right there and kinda likes solitude.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote