New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lyman 1200 DPS?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just wondered if anybody had used one of these and if so how it rated?--Thanks JM.

Posts: 60 | Location: CA USA | Registered: 25 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have found mine to be much more accurate and reliable than the RCBS units. It is a bit faster than my Lyman autoscale. Best feature is that you can close the scale cover to prevent the effect of wind draft or your breathing. So far, I have run BLc2, Norma MRP and Reloader 15 through it with no problems. Ball powders are what really screws up the RCBS unit.

Posts: 694 | Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA | Registered: 09 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks DaveC, any body else have something to add about these units?-JM.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I love mine! I generally go a tenth less and trickle in the rest as it sometimes goes over. Whole lot faster than the RCBS unit and I love the cover. Kind of a pain to empty powder but still beats the RCBS. I have used RL-22, IMR 4350, BL-C(2), H-335, RL-15, H-380, W 760, H-414 and IMR 4895. You will love this piece of gear. I may still be new at reloading with only 2 years under my belt but I know quality when I see it.

Posts: 118 | Location: Milton, Florida USA | Registered: 25 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Will.-JM