Find
Notify
Tools

22-250 Superformance
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of slugslinger
posted
Does anyone have experience reloading 22-250 ammo with Superformance powder. I'm particularly interested in loads for the 52g Berger or Speer bullets.

NRA Endowment Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 521 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 February 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
Hi, Welcome to AR.. I have loaded a lot of 22-250's over the years. I have not tried any of the Hodgen superformance powders, even though they look pretty interesting if velocity is what yoou want.
52gr noslers and H-414 or varget blc2 will give very good acuracy.
I would start at about 39grs and work up in 1/2 grain increments.
It would help if you had a crono to shoot across just to see if it delivered that 4000f/s
I looked at the powder a while back and thought if would be good for heavier bullets 60gr+.
Dave

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will assume by your query that you have not purchased the new manual.No worries,pull their website,get the 1-800# + call the ballistition. They are very helpful.I have been very pleased with this powder.I'm home + not by my loading room otherwise I could give you more info.If they don't give you what you need P.M. me + I'll get the info out of the manual. And yes,welcome to A.R.

Posts: 4394 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of slugslinger
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the reply. I did indeed find (only three) loads from Hodgen/IMR. None were for 52g bullets. The ballistician was reluctant to provide anything not published. That's what led me to the question in this forum; in case others had gone down the path I suspect I'm now on to develop the loads (within safety parameters).

NRA Endowment Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 521 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 February 2012Reply With Quote