Notify
Tools

Most versatile Powder in your opinion?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trouthunterdj:
The reason for the questions was, because of the "Change" in administration I wanted to get some of the more versatile powders. Just seems smart.

ddj

All though I do not use that much of it, Varget is listed for literally every one of the top 100 rifle cartridges sold as per Hodgen reloading manual. So I would say Varget for rifles and Unique for pistols. (4895 is a close second)

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 303Guy
posted Hide Post
Yeah... I was looking through the Hodgdon manual and indeed, Varget is the one that covers the most calibers and is actually in the top end, performance wise, for most of them. I think that, after following this thread, I am likely to stick with the stuff and make it work for me! thumb

Regards
303Guy

Posts: 2518 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
4895 either IMR or Hogdon.

Posts: 317 | Location: Texas Panhandle | Registered: 09 July 2006Reply With Quote