New
Find
Notify
Tools

375 JDJ / 260 gr nosler BT
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does any use or have tried the Nosler 260 gr Ballistic Tip in their 375 JDJ? I am looking for load data.

Thanks,

Bill

Posts: 247 | Location: Butler, PA | Registered: 26 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JD says don't use it! See my response to your question on the handgun hunting board.

Posts: 1499 | Location: NE Okla | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I thought of using that particualar bullet myself in my JDJ, but I was concerned about lack of performance/expansion.
For what it's worth, I talked to the tech at Barnes bullets today, and he said that as long as you can push the X bullets over 1600 FPS, the petals will expand.
In mine, I am going to use the Hornady 220 grain flat point for general plinking use, and I am going to try some of the 235 grain XLC coated bullets for hunting. The only disadvantage to these might be the longer length causing less room for powder.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Barnes X bullet is also not recommended in the JDJ cartridges. The load data that came with my 375JDJ said not to use them due to higher pressures.

Posts: 87 | Location: St. Rose, LA USA | Registered: 03 February 2002Reply With Quote