New
Find
Notify
Tools

Difference between N110 and H110?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi guys does anyone know the difference between H110 and VVN110!

Their burn rates are similar, but I want to know more!

I though VV N110 had characteristics like 2400, but wanted to check that it is not like H110 or it will be no good for reduced loads!

Posts: 49 | Location: Australia | Registered: 03 December 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am surprised no one has answered this yet.

According to the latest powder burn rate chart by Hornady they are not that far apart. However, N 110 would appear to be faster burning than H 110 or 296. Having said that, it is listed as slower burning than 2400 or AA No.9.

Due to its position in this chart I would not suspect it would be a good choice for reduced loads.

I do not know what caliber you are loading for but for comparison sake Hornady shows the following:

For the 44 Remington Magnum using 200 grain XTP bullets the max load for N 110 is 24.8 grains, while the max load for H110 is 28.7 grains.

When using 240 grain XTP bullets the max load for N 110 is 21.3 grains while the max load for H 110 is 24.8 grains.

In no case do they show N 110 as a suitable powder for use with their swaged lead bullets.

Likewise, the latest Vihtavuori reloading manual shows no reduced velocity loads using N110. Even if you look at loads for the 44 Special there are NO loads shown using N110.

Hope this helps.

R Flowers

Posts: 1220 | Location: Hanford, CA, USA | Registered: 12 November 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andym79:
Hi guys does anyone know the difference between H110 and VVN110!

Their burn rates are similar, but I want to know more!

I though VV N110 had characteristics like 2400, but wanted to check that it is not like H110 or it will be no good for reduced loads!

What caliber are loading for?

I would suggest you use a faster powder for reduced loads in pistols - or rifles, for that matter.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68798 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote