Find
Notify
Tools

Any luck on getting 223 bulllets?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Seems like a worldwide shortage on 223.
Has anyone had any recent luck (last week or two)
on ordering and actually getting them?
I ordered 1000 or 62gr FMJ and I'm still waiting.

D

One of Us
Picture of scottfromdallas
posted Hide Post
Everyone is hoarding again. Shit won't be in stock for reloaders for a long time as ammunition makers will eat most of the production.

Posts: 1941 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Haven't really tried. Just sold some once fired Mil caseing for a unbeliveable price. The guy was begging me for them.

I gave it a quit thought threw out a price and he grabbed them up.

I should have sold him a couple thousand more.

Posts: 19621 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I predict a shorter, but more intense, period of panic buying.

1. There is no "shooting" war, which was eating ammunition and metal at a massive rate, going on as there was in 2008-9. Thus, ammunition companies have ample capacity to satiate the civilian market.

2. Most of the hoarders gathered up so much in components last time that they have no place to put more.

3. Inane internet rumors like ammunition which "dissolves" after one year and dollar-per-round taxes are driving a lot of gullible people to purchase ammunition they wouldn't use in a thousand years.

All of these factors point to a short-lived panic attack. Enjoy it while you can.

Posts: 13246 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:

1. There is no "shooting" war, which was eating ammunition and metal at a massive rate, going on as there was in 2008-9. Thus, ammunition companies have ample capacity to satiate the civilian market.

2. Most of the hoarders gathered up so much in components last time that they have no place to put more.

3. Inane internet rumors like ammunition which "dissolves" after one year and dollar-per-round taxes are driving a lot of gullible people to purchase ammunition they wouldn't use in a thousand years.

All of these factors point to a short-lived panic attack. Enjoy it while you can.

tu2 10-4 beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah,I'm surprised there was'nt more of the panic buying at election time as the last time.There sure was after the CT. shooting.Stores down here can't keep anything in stock for long.My son has an 'Earth Stove'. He received one cord of split oak for one box (50 cnt .22L.R.)This was the other guys suggestion.Ammo + components are definately coin of the realm.

Posts: 4394 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey, Norman: Can you pass on how to contact that wood chopper? I'd gladly trade him a whole carton of 22's for a cord of oak! Of course I don't want to ruin the market, so I'll start with the same offer of a 50 round box.

Posts: 13246 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
He received one cord of split oak for one box (50 cnt .22L.R.).

Dang I wish I could find some that would do that here.

A face cord here will cost you over 50 dollars.

A buck around plus I could buy a new 4 wheeler.

Posts: 19621 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:

+1 more

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Midway had their Dogtown bullets in stock earlier today. No idea if they are any good, but I night some as I was in need.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Earlier today I saw once fired CMP Lake City once fired 30-06 brass in the boxes sell for $240 a thousand. Unbelievable.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
I just picked up 2,000 55g fmj pulled Lake City bullets at a gun show for $90/1,000. The guy had some 62g for $119/1,000 but they looked like they had been pulled with a rusty pair of pliers.

The ones I got had been pulled by inertia and were unmarked but need a run through a vibrating cleaner to sparkle.

The show was packed and then some. Saw 1,000 rounds of Green tip in an ammo can going for $750 and people buying it. SKS in cosmoline going for $700 and AR's from $1400 to 5,000.

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Midway had their Dogtown bullets in stock earlier today. No idea if they are any good, but I night some as I was in need.

All they have now is some 34gr

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Having spent the day internet shopping I quickly came to the conclusion everybody is out of everything. Sinclair didn't have anything on my wish list: bipod, dies, bullets, Wilson trimmer parts, Redding kits -the list goes on.

I realize businesses don't want to get caught with large inventories at tax time, but this is ridiculous. The only conclusion I can draw is that scarcity keeps prices up. Those bastards!

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Nosler has some over-run 34 gr bullets on sale at Shooters Pro Shop. The price was about $90/1000.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote