New
Find
Notify
Tools

No Powder Anywhere?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
So I think I might have just now figured out that there is no powder anywhere. I knew people were complaining about not finding primers, but it never occured to me that I'd have trouble finding powder. I need 1lb. of Win 296. Any sugestions for online or @ Sarasota, Florida? I'm going to try and post some items for trade, in case somebody's interested in parting with some.

Thanks.

Posts: 201 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: 22 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
This place in KY shows 4 and 8-lb containers in stock.

http://www.gamaliel.com/winche...ester-296-powder.asp

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjbull:
This place in KY shows 4 and 8-lb containers in stock.

http://www.gamaliel.com/winche...ester-296-powder.asp

Not sure I want to get that much. I have some LIL'GUN I can use with some Nosler 240gr (44mag). The 296 is to load some Hornady 265gr. I asked Hornady why they had no data for Lil'Gun and the 265gr in 44mag and they responded that it might show irregular pressure spikes. Thank you for looking it up.

Posts: 201 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: 22 January 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have to echo the lack of powder that I hadn't realized was so severe. The shelves at Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops were empty of powder, and the one dealer at the gun show in Kansas City last weekend had a line of people going all of the way around his tables waiting to buy a pound. Some of the smaller out of the way shops still have some, but the big guys have certainly had their stocks depleted.

sputster

Posts: 760 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 188 | Location: Late,Great Golden State | Registered: 28 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Malloy805:
Check out Natchez
http://www.natchezss.com/categ...utOfStock=0&orderBy=

They're out. Thanks.

one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
There is a letter on the Hodgdon web site discussing the shortage(s).

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
On a more positive note I see some places getting bullets back in stock.
Too bad you're not closer I would give you some 296 that I have lying around.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBoutfishn:
There is a letter on the Hodgdon web site discussing the shortage(s).

Link didn't work for me. I'll go directly to their site to see if I find it. Thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blacktailer:
On a more positive note I see some places getting bullets back in stock.
Too bad you're not closer I would give you some 296 that I have lying around.

I Appreciate the thought. Thank you. :-)