THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone tried Alliant " Pro-Varmint" powder?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
How did it work out for you?

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Pro-Varmint"? Where do these guys get these names? I guess they figure if you use it, it will elevate your status to that of a professional? I would have named it "Anti-Varmint".

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I didn't name it. Just asked if anyone has used it AND what the results were.
I am assuming that I can put you down in the
"Ain't tried it" column or should it be the "who cares" column?

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have posted the same question on some other sites, and it seems like no one has tried it. That might explain why Graf & Sons has such a deal on 8 lb kegs of it right now. The cheapskate in me is sorely tempted, but common sense says to just keep using the 8 lb keg of TAC that I have now (and works great). Hopefully someone will share some actual experience. (Bartsche?)

Bullets are pretty worthless. All they do is hang around waiting to get loaded.

Posts: 515 | Location: kennewick, wa | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah. That's why I am asking. I saw the same add. I think I'm going to try some and NOT report back. Especially if it shoots good.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rae59:
Yeah. That's why I am asking. I saw the same add. I think I'm going to try some and NOT report back. Especially if it shoots good.

Good plan, of course, you could IM me, and then it would just be our little secret, at least until we bought up all the bargain powder. beer

Bullets are pretty worthless. All they do is hang around waiting to get loaded.

Posts: 515 | Location: kennewick, wa | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote