THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Hi all, I have been having trouble setting up the PowderFunnels.com Universal PTX in

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hi all, I have been having trouble setting up the PowderFunnels.com Universal PTX in
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi all,

I have been having trouble setting up the PowderFunnels.com Universal PTX in my Hornady Progressive press. Either I get too much flare or the Powder Drop Linkage doesn't max out at the top for full dispensing of powder. I currently have the bracket set on the Powder Drop with four full threads below the bracket. I am also using the PTX Powder Measure Stop with the top and bottom screws all the way backed out to limit flare as much as possible. Can anyone walk me through a step by step easiest way to set this up correctly? I checked out the instructions on PowderFunnels.com and they don't seem to use the PTX Powder Stop. Am I not suppose to use it to fine tune case flare? Any help would be very Much appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have you gotten in touch with Dan to see what he says? I've never used one, but he's a good guy who will talk you through the process and make it right if it isn't.

Edited to add:

Looking at the Universal PTX instructions as well as the Hornady Powder Measure Stop, I'd say Hornady came out with that part AFTER Dan brought out the Universal PTX, and that his instructions assume you're not using Hornady's Powder Measure Stop (PMS? Really? LOL)

Have you tried the instructions on the website without using the Hornady....part? Wink

Jon Larsson - Hunter - Shooter - Reloader - Mostly in that order...Wink

Posts: 682 | Location: Western Montana | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote