Tools

.30-06 150 to 165 - elevation change?
 Login/Join

<rsb148>
posted
I know every rifle is different.

one of us
posted Hide Post
In my experience, it depends on the gun, the velocity of each load and B.C. of each bullet. Personally, I have a Browning that will print both my 150 and 165 loads at the same POI at 100 yds. But here again, this depends on the velocity of each. Given equal velocity, the 165 will hit higher than the 150, in theory. Sometimes this is not the case. But I would expect no more than a 1" difference in POI with these two bullet weights. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Posts: 193 | Location: Laramie, Wyoming | Registered: 01 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have seen a 3" change in point of impact at 100 yards by simply changing bullet styles.The bullet weight powder type and charge weight remained constant.

[ 11-15-2003, 06:19: Message edited by: stubblejumper ]

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just tried 165 gr. Sierras vs. 150 sierra match in my Browning A bolt. 2+ inches higher with the 150's. To be fair I also changed powder-4064 for the 165 and IMR 4350 for the 150's.

<rsb148>
posted
Thanks all!
I am sorta new at this.
I just wanted to know how much difference it might make.
I am all sighted in for deer season with 150 grn. interlocks. I've got some interbond 165's to try out. I know either wil work. But I do like to experiment (as long as I know I'm not going to waste too much of my my time.) Didn't want to have to start from scratch