Notify
Tools

Do you count?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My wife and kids laugh at me for counting bullets
when I get a new box. I usually get 101 or 102 in
the hornadys but have gotten 99 a time or two so it evens out I guess.But the bulk ones are when they really hehaw. Then the other day I was counting a bag of 250 and only had 200.The wife said maby I should keep counting! The 200 were a store type package,not the manufacture.

Posts: 233 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
In several thousands of bullets by the hundred I've gotten extra once. One. Shorted never. I doubt they count. They probably measure by weight. The box has a tare weight of X oz and they add bullets up to a target weight. Bullets are precision items and weights no doubt come to within less than the weight of a single bullet. I'd suggest that you buy a lottery ticket, you're certainly luckier than I am. [Wink]

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
<green 788>
posted
Well, I don't count the bullets, but I did get a 100 grain .243 Sierra Gameking in a box of 30 caliber 165 grain Sierra Gamekings.

On another box of the Gamekings, I got one bullet with a long, slender piece of lead shaft still extending from the lead tip. I kept that one for a conversation piece.

Dan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I've counted a few boxes. Got one over the 100 a time or two...but never short and never any freaks in the mix.

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey does anybody else remember when all Sierra's came 101 to the box and were advertised as such.

Idaho Shooter

Posts: 273 | Location: West Central Idaho | Registered: 15 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On a few occasions I have got an extra bullet have not been short changed yet.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Shooter:
Hey does anybody else remember when all Sierra's came 101 to the box and were advertised as such.

Idaho Shooter

YUP!

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Had an extra in a box of Nosler BT's last week. Usually they are right on. Made up another dummy cartridge at another oal with it to set up the seater die. [Smile] I have got an extra in another a time or two but not often.

Posts: 913 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Count 'em? - heck, I'm too busy weighing 'em!

Posts: 309 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't neccessarily count 'em, but in my loading procedure, I generally end up with one extra when loading Hornady... I load a full loading block of 50 when doing varmint calibers and after two full blocks, come up an extra bullet. I have only noticed this with Hornady and only with varmint calibers... Big game isn't loaded to that volume and big bore is generally cast or low volume jacketed.

Posts: 426 | Location: Alpine, WY | Registered: 01 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have loaded many a thousand rounds of serria 52gr match hollow pts and almost always end up with 101 bullets in a box. Don't count them but I normaly load a 100 at a time.

Posts: 19453 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote