Find
Notify
Tools

Took the plunge and bought a Dillon 550
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Down south
posted
I’ve been looking at progressive presses for a while now and settled on a Dillon 550. I’m shooting much more these days and my old single stage just can’t keep up with demand. I’ll use the Dillon for my hand guns, 3- S&W 40’s, 2- S&W 9 MM’s and a 642 38 slp. I’ll continue to use my Rock Chucker for my rifle cartridges. I bought a few upgrades too. I got the strong mount, empty cartridge and bullet trays, extra primer pick up tubes and the aluminum roller handle. I didn’t need but one other conversion kit and another powder funnel. Now all I have to do is stock up on reloading supplies to feed the 550 with. Maybe now it won’t take so long to crank out several hundred rounds of pistol ammo. Smiler

Posts: 64 | Location: Texas | Registered: 09 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
It's a good choice. I have been loading on mine for almost 20yrs now. I catually have two, one set up for small & one for large. You can do 350rds/hr w/o going too fast, 450 if you are in a hurry & focus. Best money I ever spent. Prices have gone up quite abit & the 650 is now available but the550B is still money well spent.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote