New
Find
Notify
Tools

best reloading program for wildcats
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What would be the best program for developing loads for wildcat rounds or developing a case size to produce the desired results that you are looking for.

Posts: 767 | Location: Phoenix, Az | Registered: 31 May 2001Reply With Quote
<holtz>
posted
I think the program you want is QuickLoad form NECO. You can literally create a cartridge in it and work up data.

Caution: While they claim a possible error factor of up to 10% (I think) I have run into anomolies of near 25% ! If you are working with something for which there is little or no existing data, as I was, I would start with charges about 20% low and work up. Then you tweak the program to match the velocities you actuarially got. That will give you the true PSI readings.

I am not aware of another program that has all these capabilities.

Steve

<ss8541>
posted
Look at the new RCBS load from a disk progrm.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replys I will look at the RCBS, who sells the Quick load program. Thanks again RNS

Posts: 767 | Location: Phoenix, Az | Registered: 31 May 2001Reply With Quote
<holtz>
posted
QuickLoad by NECO....(707)747-0897 or (800)451-3550

[This message has been edited by holtz (edited 08-04-2001).]

<goneballistic>
posted
I use Load From a Disk, but RCBS does not have anything to do with it. You can get a 30 day .30 cal demo at:

http://www.loadammo.com/

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Somewhere in my reading I picked up the notion that the author of Quickload is near to publishing a program called "quickdesign" or some such, for the evaluation of wildcats. FWIW, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have any of you tried CalcuLoader from www.aement.com?

Posts: 235 | Location: Ladson, SC, USA | Registered: 02 April 2002Reply With Quote