THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Help with 300 win mag load with Barnes 180 gr. XBT XLC

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with 300 win mag load with Barnes 180 gr. XBT XLC
 Login/Join

<busdriver>
posted
Can someone help me with load information? I've been trying to find some data using this bullet and RL-25 but havn't had any luck. Any information would be great because my current manual does not give data for this bullet and I've heard that they can give higher than normal pressures. Thank you.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Re 25 isn't listed in Barnes #3 with that bullet. I think you'll have difficulty getting enough of it into the case to achieve max velocity anyway. Re 22 or H4831 would probably work a little better for you. Barnes lists 80 grains of each of those as max.

Start lower than that, at 75 gr. or so. 80 grains of Re 22 is indeed max in my rifle, and chronos 3130 fps out of a 24" barrel.

<busdriver>
posted
Thanks Norm,

Is the load data different for the boat tail version and flat base version?

one of us
posted Hide Post
No.