New
Find
Notify
Tools

RCBS Partner Press - Primer Catcher
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have any suggestions for improving the primer catcher on this press? I am losing about 40% of the primers to the floor.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6643 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Use a punch and base, Wilson or Lee. Zero primers on the floor, and no residue on the press. I roll up a paper towel and throw the whole mess in the trash.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Same here

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's how I arranged some 1/2 inch PVC pipe and a plastic bottle to catch primers from my Partner. The press is bolted to a particle board so I can clamp it to my Workmate or bench, whatever works out best.

I put a 3/8ths inch diameter aluminum tube in the ram with its bottom part shaped to dump primers out the right side port in the ram, not down and out the priming arm slot. That bottle holds over 900 primers.

Bart B.

Posts: 113 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 28 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Throw away the catcher, and let 100% hit the floor.
As your wife has to sweep the floor if only 1 misses the catcher, you might as well make it worth her while

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
with a co-ax the can never hit the floor

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Gorilla tape piece cut-out and wrapped around the back.

Posts: 4881 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tailgunner,
The floor is carpeted and my wife aint allowed in the roomSmiler

Butchloc, agreed the co-ax is the best but it is hard for me to use it fast, I like the partner press for handgun rounds because I can reach in from the side.

Bart,
Now that is a sweet set up!

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6643 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote