New
Find
Notify
Tools

reloading software
 Login/Join

<GRIZZ-MWP>
posted
I'm looking at a reloading program, Shooting lab and AEM Enterprises look like good programs. Does anyone have any experience with either of these? Any other programs that are good? GRIZZ

one of us
posted Hide Post
I use Shooting Lab for the Macintosh, and it is perhaps the best program I can think of (at least the Mac version). I imagine the PC version should be as good. This program costs around $100.00, but from that point on the upgrades are free. You can even print your own targets with it from a collection of official targets, match targets, and other targets provided with the program. Other things: Internal/external ballistics, enter shooting chrono data, print you own data forms to use at the range, in addition to the ballistics tables provided you can develop your own, recoil calculations, and a great number of useful features.

The Mac version includes long range and short range ballistics from your individual handload development, and it will show bullet trajectory and other data as far as you want. You enter the data, then look a the trajectory on a colorful screen or window. It has a "click and drag" button you can use with the mouse's pointer from where the bullet hits the target to infinity. As you drag the button the trajectory line changes accordingly, and bullet drop numbers and other data change automatically. The program's data formulas was developed for artillery use by the infantry, so it is very accurate. You can set it to use metric and other measurement systems.

Their web site is: http://www.shootingsoftware.com

Posts: 2448 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 25 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Scott H>
posted
You might want to consider QuickLoad. I can't imagine life without it.

www.neconos.com

[This message has been edited by Scott H (edited 04-01-2002).]