Find
Notify
Tools

7 mm rem mag sendero and h1000?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of AAdams
posted
I have a 7mm stw and i have had good luck with the h1000 over a 150gr bullet.I was thanking of using the h1000 over 150gr b.t.In my new 7mm rem mag. Thanks for any help.

Posts: 117 | Location: Rock Hill, S.C. | Registered: 13 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
H-1000 has worked great on 160gr bullets and heavier in my 7MAG. It wasn't as impressive with 150gr and smaller. H4831 and RL-22 worked better on the 140's and 150's for me.

Isaiah 41:10

Posts: 120 | Location: Clermont, FL | Registered: 04 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
H-1000 From 65.0 grains to 76.0 grains
CCI-200 Primer

But I had better luck with:
Retumbo From 67.9 grains to 72.5 grains
CCI-200 Primer

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey AAdams, H1000 is the powder of choice in my current 7mmRemMag. And it was in the previous one also.

The previous 7mmRemMag was an original Ruger M77 when their barrels had Bores slightly larger than other rifles. That allowed for a bit more powder than most other rifles back then.

My current S&S M700 7mmRemMag reaches a SAFE MAX Load at 4.0gr less powder than that old Ruger and is a bit more accurate.

I’ve tried about 7-8 different powders in mine and always came back to H1000. Have not tried the Retumbo that Steve mentioned, but if I was going to try a different powder today that would be it.
---

Used to fill-up at Exit 82-B going through Rock Hill to the Lowcountry hunting. Do you use Leeds Range Southwest of Chester?

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of AAdams
posted Hide Post
yes that is where i go to put all my bullets in the bank. Thanks for your reply.

Posts: 117 | Location: Rock Hill, S.C. | Registered: 13 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not a H1000 fan and found it to be somewhat inconsistent from lot to lot. The same can be said for the reloader series of powders. I'd be inclined to try Ricciardelli's suggestion as I burned much powder in my 7m/m before I found something I was happy with.

one of us
Picture of Rob1SG
posted Hide Post
I tried Retumbo in my Ruger which wears a 25" bbl.I like this powder a lot. I have had good results in the past with H1000 but I think Steve is correct in his suggestion for Retumbo.

Posts: 1111 | Location: Edmond,OK | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AAdams:
yes that is where i go to put all my bullets in the bank. Thanks for your reply.
Your welcome.

I've had to move away for awhile, but if I rated the things I miss the most, Leeds Range would be right behind friends and Deer Hunting the Lowcountry. Sure is nice to get to Leeds right at sunrise during the week and have the place so open and quiet. Of course, this time of the year the Range can be quite busy with folks getting scopes set for the 15Aug opener.

Lots and lots of fine people to meet right now. It ends up being one of the better "Gun Shows" by just seeing what everyone brings.
---

By the way, I've killed a whole bunch of Deer with the 150gr B-Tip out of my 7mmRemMags. I tended to get a good bit of Bloodshot meat on both sides of the Deer using them, but they usually didn't move far after the shot. Due to that, when I had the time and patience, I tried to wait until I could put that B-Tip into the Ribs(just behind the shoulder) so it was headed through the off-side shoulder. Then it was time for the Drag Stick.

There is more meat on the neck anyhow, so don't let the bloodshot meat be a huge concern.

You have an excellent cartridge for the Carolinas. Best of luck to you.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote