New
Find
Notify
Tools

Case Trimmer
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
At this time I am useing a Lee trimmer. I would like to upgrade. Looking at a RCBS or Redding 2400 model.
Please Help
THANKS
JY

one of us
posted Hide Post
If you look a while you will find a used Forster that is cheap and it will out last you.
They are sold regularly on Evilbay
I bought my original in 1975. One time I used it with a drill motor to trim .350 off of 100 cases. That was the equivalent of 35 inches of 30/06 case neck brass turned into shavings. The same old trimmer is still in use.

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ireload2:
If you look a while you will find a used Forster that is cheap and it will out last you.
They are sold regularly on Evilbay
I bought my original in 1975. One time I used it with a drill motor to trim .350 off of 100 cases. That was the equivalent of 35 inches of 30/06 case neck brass turned into shavings. The same old trimmer is still in use.

I got mine about the same time and the cutter is dull already. shockerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I like the Wilson trimmer for low volume bottle neck cases, but I did have some trouble finding a shell holder that was machined correctly.

Posts: 13 | Location: Central Oregon | Registered: 11 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The shell holders are made for new or fired cases. This is very clear in catalogs. The Wilson is the way to go for an upgrade if you get the one with the Mic attached.

Posts: 1159 | Location: Florida | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It you want to upgrade go with the Gracey Trimmer.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jy:
At this time I am useing a Lee trimmer. I would like to upgrade. ...
Hey JY, You can spend all the money you want and get the job done faster. But it is very difficult to beat the El Cheapo Lee for a consistant cut length. If possible, try before you buy.

Best of luck to you.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
The shell holders are made for new or fired cases. This is very clear in catalogs.

Sorry, what I meant by "not machined correctly", is that the shell holder was not bored concentrically to it's body.

Posts: 13 | Location: Central Oregon | Registered: 11 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hot Core:
quote:
Originally posted by jy:
At this time I am useing a Lee trimmer. I would like to upgrade. ...
Hey JY, You can spend all the money you want and get the job done faster. But it is very difficult to beat the El Cheapo Lee for a consistant cut length. If possible, try before you buy.

Best of luck to you.

I hate to agree but for the $$ you can`t beat them. They do a 1st rate job when used with a cordless drill too.......One of Lees better ideas thumb

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote