New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fed 210 GM primers?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
It seems everybody is out of these. Any sources?

Although cartridge selection is important there is nothing that will substitute for proper first shot placement. Good hunting, "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The last ones I got from Midway, a month or two ago, came into stock and were out again before my order reached me. Just a few days.

So if all else failes, keep a close eye on the status of the major dealers. Then order quick.

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are non-existent. I am changing everyting to CCI. If Federal does not want to support the general public that made them the company they have become, I will go to a different product NEVER to return.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had the same problem finding Federal 210s several months ago. Fed 215s were readily available, but not 210s. The problem is that they're currently going to military contracts due to the Iraq conflict. Last I heard, they expected to be caught up early in '08.
-----------------------------------------------
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Yep....they are saying 2nd quarter '08 before they show up in the civilian market again.

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Because of threads like this,

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...=314106056#314106056

I did like 500grains and caused a shortage at Sportsman's Warehouse.

Posts: 157 | Location: South Carolina, USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
my guy doesnt even have LR. he only has federal magnum.

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No Federal 210 GM's here either, and none have been available for over a year. Fortunately, I have about 500 on hand. They are the only large rifle primers I use, and all of my loads are based on them.

I keep looking for them...

Don

One of Us
Picture of SShooterZ
posted Hide Post
Just found a stash of 1000 at a gun show for $20. They're the Small Rifle Match primers. I think for $20 I did OK. Smiler

*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#
I'll never be able to give back to this forum all that I've learned from it. But I do want to thank those of you that have helped me out over the years.

Posts: 167 | Location: McHenry, IL | Registered: 16 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Several thousand showed up at Sportsman's Warehouse a few weeks back. I have enough to last a while so I passed. They were gone a few days later.

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30378:
If Federal does not want to support the general public that made them the company they have become, I will go to a different product NEVER to return.

The old Federal Cartridge Corporation is now owned by Alliant Techsystems, one of the very largest of all defense contractors. Since Uncle Sam adopted the policy of spraying the Middle Eastern desert with profligrate small arms fire, Alliant has had a hard time keeping up with demand from its largest, most important customer, otherwise known as "the general public", or the U.S. Government. They've also had a hard time finding banks large enough to hold their profits. If you were in their place, would you worry about the happiness of a handful of reloading nuts?

Your tax dollars are purchasing material from vendors like Alliant at the rate of $3 Billion dollars a week in Iraq. Whether you believe this is toward some good end or not, the additional cost you bear in the form of 50% increases in ammunition prices and scarcity of items like primers (and other commodities) is part of the unacknowledged cost of the continued search for Weapons of Mass Destruction and bringing Democracy to the yearning masses of Mesopotamia, or whatever it is we are supposedly doing. However, the President has officially downgraded his goal from "victory" to "success", the surge is working (by moving the civil war out of Baghdad for the moment), there is light at the end of the tunnel, and, according to the President, he's committed to keeping U.S. troops in Iraq for the next 50 years, just like Korea.

Have a nice day.

Posts: 13242 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
I think they’re worth the inconvenience. Work up a load with other primers that are available.
http://www.michaeltotten.com/

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
They are non-existent. I am changing everyting to CCI. If Federal does not want to support the general public that made them the company they have become, I will go to a different product NEVER to return.

Wow! That'll show em! Of course, BOTH Federal and CCI are owned by Alliant Tech Systems, now called ATK. So are Speer, Alliant (formerly Hercules) Powders, Redfield & Weaver scope mounts (but not the optics), Outers, and several other shooting equipment suppliers. When you dismantle the Anti Trust division of the Department of Justice, that's the kind of choice (and prices) that consumers are left with.

Posts: 13242 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
I bought 1,000 Federal 210M primers yesterday and there were more on the shelf. There were no 215M primers though.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:
quote:
If Federal does not want to support the general public that made them the company they have become, I will go to a different product NEVER to return.

The old Federal Cartridge Corporation is now owned by Alliant Techsystems, one of the very largest of all defense contractors. Since Uncle Sam adopted the policy of spraying the Middle Eastern desert with profligrate small arms fire, Alliant has had a hard time keeping up with demand from its largest, most important customer, otherwise known as "the general public", or the U.S. Government. They've also had a hard time finding banks large enough to hold their profits. If you were in their place, would you worry about the happiness of a handful of reloading nuts?

Your tax dollars are purchasing material from vendors like Alliant at the rate of $3 Billion dollars a week in Iraq. Whether you believe this is toward some good end or not, the additional cost you bear in the form of 50% increases in ammunition prices and scarcity of items like primers (and other commodities) is part of the unacknowledged cost of the continued search for Weapons of Mass Destruction and bringing Democracy to the yearning masses of Mesopotamia, or whatever it is we are supposedly doing. However, the President has officially downgraded his goal from "victory" to "success", the surge is working (by moving the civil war out of Baghdad for the moment), there is light at the end of the tunnel, and, according to the President, he's committed to keeping U.S. troops in Iraq for the next 50 years, just like Korea.

Have a nice day.

Thank you for that very informative post. Maybe I will go to Remington primers. WOW!

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I found 5k of the regular 210's at Powder Valley. Also Widners in Tennessee had them too. You can find a few of the regular 210s still. 5K ought to do me for number of years. I think I bought a couple of thousand when I started reloading in '99. I am just now out. Good hunting. "D"

Although cartridge selection is important there is nothing that will substitute for proper first shot placement. Good hunting, "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you were in their place, would you worry about the happiness of a handful of reloading nuts?

Funny though that many defense contractors while making tons of money during a war find a way to go bankrupt when it all ends.

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
Yeah! lets all switch to Remington primers. The ones I've used over the years seemed to work, and as always, Remington can sure use the business!!

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote