Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

45acp Berry's 200gr SWC need help
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone have some info to help me start reloading this bullet. I'm using W231 powder. I loaded some at 1.23 OAL and some at 1.20 OAL and I still had a couple FTF's. Do I need to go shorter? I also loaded them with 5.7grs of powder and I was wondering if that was good also. I appreciate any help that can be given. In my reloading manual it doesn't have this particular bullet and I'm new to reloading. Thanks again.

Posts: 10 | Location: Baton Rouge, La | Registered: 07 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Check the case mouth. I had some issues with your OAL and XTreme Plated SWC. The case mouth was getting dinged and wouild not feed. I went with 1.240 and problem vanished.

I load 4.7grs with HP-38 (same powder). In my Sig it is a light, accurate load.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tapeer crimp seems to end most of the malfunction s. but do not roll crimp, especially with a plated bullet.

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think this is on topic enough not to hijack the thread; With these plated bullets, can you shoot them the same velocity as jacketed bullets in the 45acp? I have herd that they need to be shot at lower speeds for some reason. Thanks

Posts: 97 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 06 February 2009Reply With Quote