New
Find
Notify
Tools

.308/180 Partition
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Looking for a 180 grain Partition load in .308. Would just as soon stick with Varget and BR-2 primers, but will change if necessary. Cases are Win or Lapua.

Any favorite loads? 45 grains Varget?

Thanks.

Posts: 283 | Location: Florida | Registered: 12 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd start a little lower than that. 45 grains of Varget was a warm but safe max load for my .308 with 175 match bullets. Should be able to get there, or at least close with your Nosler 180's.

Outstanding bullet by the way...

Also - might be worthwhile to try IMR 4350. Initially I thought it an odd choice, but Sierra listed it with the 180's and I found it to produce good velocity and good accuracy with Sierra 180's. Regards, Guy

Posts: 327 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Slingster
posted Hide Post
It's not Varget, but the load I've settled on in .308/180 Partition is 44 grains of W748 and Winchester large rifle primers for 2500 fps out of a 19" Steyr Scout barrel. That turns out to be 100 fps faster than the Federal Premium loading with the same bullet in my gun. Consistent MOA accuracy and reliable on game.

Posts: 1079 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote