Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

22-250 load data needed!!
 Login/Join

posted
Hi I would like to know if anybody could help me out with some load data for my 22-250. It was built on a Sako75 action, and fitted with a 27 inch Douglas match grade/air gauged heavy barrel. Now the problem I have is that I just picked up 400 Nickel coated 62gr SS109's and I'm not sure how to load them. Could anybody shed some light on this for me?

Posts: 1 | Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Not sure what a nickel coated 62 grain SS109 is. My load is as follows:

52 gr. Berger H.P.
40 gr. IMR 4350
Federal 210 primer
WW case - 2.480 OAL
Muzzle Velocity: 3746

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Waffen
posted Hide Post
I don't have any personal load data with 62gr bullets, however you may want to make sure your 22-250 will stabilize a bullet that heavy. If it's a 1:14 twist you may have troubles, or you may have to push them extremly fast to get them to stabalize. Good Luck!

Posts: 182 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Alaska Bush Man
posted Hide Post
That is the SS109 round the military uses in the M16 with the 1:9 twist. It has a steel core for penterating body armor.....like the green tip bullet.....but these were made for the SF and seals for underwater that is why they are nicklcoated.

Jeff
North Pole, Alaska

Red Team 98

Posts: 523 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote