Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 25-06 long range bullet
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of muskrat
posted
I would like to add my vote for the Berger 115 vld also!I had great luck with them at the 400 yard varmit shoots this past summer.I also loaded them into the rifling.

live to shoot-shoot to live!!!

muskrat

Posts: 287 | Location: central ohio | Registered: 05 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve, I reread the post and see your statements about the 1/2 MOA......whatever. HOWEVER there still are not many 3" 1000 yard groups.....especially at Williamsport where they shoot 10 shot groups!! And one other thing, The last part of your post with the expletive.....Just how bigga boy are you? Don't address me that way again please!!! GHD

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if it is readily available in Scotland, but the Berger "VLD (very low drag) bullets have the highest possible ballistic coefficient designed for 300 yards or more. Should be touching the rifling when loaded and won't work in most magazines." Recommended twist rate is 1/10. BC is .522

Available in 25 caliber as 115 HPBT, naked or moly coated.

www.bergerbullets.com

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I currently use the hornady 120gn hp which has a flat base, is there a bullet that is readily available that would be superior in your opinion to the hornady at this range....

Wow.....a lot of "MOA" discussion.....I didn't know that was asked for....

But to your question.....I've owned three .25-06 all mauser customs and several .257 Roberts as well as a couple .257 Weatherbys and while I haven't tried all the available bullets I can tell you that the 120 Hornady HP is as good as any I've used.

I've not found boattails to be more accurate but a little less elevation is needed.....and not enough to make any difference to a hunter......you still need to know your tradjectory.

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote