Find
Notify
Tools

375 H&H and 260g Ballistic Tip for NA game
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of RobertD
posted
Does anyone have any experience using the 260 grain Ballistic Tip in a 375 H&H on North American game? I am thinking of loading this for my NA hunting which would be anything with four legs.

I realize there are better choices for smaller animals and better choices for bigger animals, but if I were to stick with one bullet, this is it.

The 260g Partition could also work if it shoots to the same point of aim at 150 yards or so.

Robert D

RobertD

I prefer my fish raw, my meat extra rare, and P.E.T.A on the BBQ. Any questions?

(Pork Enhanced Through Alcohol)

Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member CRPA
SCI Golden Gate Chapter
www.woodpeckings.com

Posts: 269 | Location: East Bay, CA | Registered: 11 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you inquiring regarding Nosler AccuBonds?

one of us
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine uses his .375 H&H with the 200 (?) grain SP bullets designed for the .375 Win and reduced loads for his roe deer and hog hunting and is pretty satisfied.

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Robert, I've not tried that combination, but I would speculate that it would do great.

A buddy of mine has a friend who usea a 375H&H on Deer every year with good old time proven "Lead" bullets out to about 100yds. Your Load should work as far as you Practice with it on anything in North America.

Obviously much MUCH better than the folks who think using 22cal stuff on Deer is adequate.

Good Hunting and clean 1-shot Kills.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RobertD
posted Hide Post
I meant ballastic tip as I found some stock at Midway but I see that Nosler discontinued it in 375 caliber. So, my 260g question is now regarding the AccuBond bullet.

My goal here was to use the same weight bullet for everything and simply switch construction for different game.

RobertD

I prefer my fish raw, my meat extra rare, and P.E.T.A on the BBQ. Any questions?

(Pork Enhanced Through Alcohol)

Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member CRPA
SCI Golden Gate Chapter
www.woodpeckings.com

Posts: 269 | Location: East Bay, CA | Registered: 11 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the AccuBond should work really well on NA game. I have not used it on NA game but did use it on a lion hunt in Africa a couple of years ago. One shot and the lion dropped in its tracks. (I was using the Federal Premium factory loads, a bit easier in transport into Africa in factory boxes)

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote