Find
Notify
Tools

.243 brass to.260 brass
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of chapster1
posted
Hi im looking for info on which tool/die to size up 243 brass to 260 ?

Posts: 165 | Location: North Yorkshire yippeeeee | Registered: 08 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
Take it slow, lube the mouths well and you should be able to open them with your 260 sizer. I haven`t made 260 cases this way but have sized down 708 brass with a FL sizer and had good results.

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You will be fine using you sizing die. I have made 308 brass from 243 brass. I ran it thru a 2506 die then 270 die then the 308 die. I'd say going from 243 to 260 you can do it in one step. Take it easy and use plenty case lube

One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
It shouldn't be a problem whatsoever.. I do it all the time...

Although you are in England, a plain neck sizer die would be the easiest....if you can get them over there... An RCBS, LEE or Hornady makes a great neck sizer die, that can be used with ANY 6.5 bore cartridge...

If the brass has been shot in a 243 already, and not resized, the job is even easier, with a regular 260 die...

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 To what Seafire said.

I used Redding FL die in one step from .243 -> .260 using Lapua brass, however keep an eye on OAL and neck thickness.

ATB
T260

Posts: 56 | Location: UK | Registered: 08 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tikka260:
+1 To what Seafire said.

I used Redding FL die in one step from .243 -> .260 using Lapua brass, however keep an eye on OAL and neck thickness.

ATB
T260

This exactly what I do for my 260ai. The Lapua brass is the best. Your cases will be just alittle shorter but it will not be a problem. You'll probably want to trim them all to a final, uniform length after initial sizing.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote