THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Re: Reverse engineering Remington Managed Recoil loads

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Reverse engineering Remington Managed Recoil loads
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted
The managed recoil loads reduce calculated recoil by about half, and felt recoil more than that. They use specially engineered bullets to match the velocity.

I've been very happy with either the blue dot loads (for small cases, like my kid's 223), or using the Hodgdon 4895 youth data. Both my boy and my wife ran a hundred rounds or so through their rifles before the season, and it really, REALLY improved their confidence and skill. Since they were after elk, the shot full-house loads in the field. HTH, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I do not know if the newest Speer manuals still include this data, but my #10 Speer lists reduced loads for most of the popular rifle cartridges, including 270 Win.

Posts: 273 | Location: West Central Idaho | Registered: 15 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted Hide Post
To make a near clone of the Remington reduced factory load, try a 110 gr. Sierra ProHunter SP over 39 grs. H4895 for 2700 fps. About 8 ft-lbs recoil in a 8.5 lb rifle, and still packs 1200 ft-lbs at 200 yards.

Posts: 857 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 03 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all of the replies.

Posts: 185 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

To make a near clone of the Remington reduced factory load, try a 110 gr. Sierra ProHunter SP over 39 grs. H4895 for 2700 fps. About 8 ft-lbs recoil in a 8.5 lb rifle, and still packs 1200 ft-lbs at 200 yards.

Tod, what caliber are you talking??