New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone tried Graff & Sons brass?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Wow was just on their website and what good prices. Like 100 270 win for $12.99. 30-06 for $14.99. Plus with an order of $20 your shipping is just $3.75--maybe time to stock up!?

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been using it in 9.3x62, can't tell any difference between it and anyone else's brass.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I use it for 9.3 & 7x57. As good as any.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been shooting some 6mm PPC brass for non-BR use. Compared to, say, Lapua (in 6mm BR), the Graff's brass is not quite as consistent - e.g. wider weight distribution and neck thickness variance. But the brass is certainly workable, and I'm up to about 5 loads in some cases, with no signs of the brass giving in.
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got a buddy who wants me to reload about 80 270win for this fall----says he's "sure" they all came out of the same gun. Lets see......100 brand new ones for $12.99 vrs, me polishing, sizing, screwing around checking headspace, maybe trimming, for sure chamfering........that makes my time worth about $2.50 an hour. Screw that idea!!!!! I'm sure they're most likely made by win or rem. I ordered 100 in '06 to take a look. Also tried some lapua brass that looked really reasonable from Graffs. Why not spoil me??!!

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
be careful that it's not the "clearance" brass which was discounted due to off-center flash holes. I ordered some of the 6.5x55 and sent it right back (thanks Grafs for the excellent customer service, as always).

the other stuff, i.e., 7.5 swiss is quite nice and I wish I had more. the 7.62x54R seems to have deep primer pockets, though I haven't fired any yet.

one of us
Picture of arky65
posted Hide Post
it ain't match grade but should work ok for hunting. i have used graf 7.62X54 it works ok. but the 22-250 brass i got from them has issues.

1) weight varys greatly

2) it does not size well

jme

arky65

people that trade freedom for security become slaves

Posts: 245 | Location: arkansas/louisiana | Registered: 31 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
I've been using the 7.65x53 they sell and it's worked fine for my low pressure loads. The only thing I have to compare it to is Winchester and Federal brass in other calibers and it seems at least the same quality.

Browningguy
Houston, TX
We Band of 45-70ers

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've been using the 7.65x53 they sell and it's worked fine for my low pressure loads. The only thing I have to compare it to is Winchester and Federal brass in other calibers and it seems at least the same quality.

Browning is it headstamped correctly?
Ive been looking into buying it my self for
the same cartridge.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3079 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote