New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got a Ruger Rifle in 308win. Beautiful
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well I needed something to take my mind off all the accuracy complications Im having with my Weatherby Mark V so I was in Wally World with the family tonight and saw a Ruger M77 Mk II in the Stainless All Weather in 308win for 477.00 so I snatched it up. Well I am very fond of the 308win. and have been for years, but many of you all are thinking, why a Ruger?? Many say that I just added to my accuracy problems with a Ruger. I am hoping that it turns out the other way. I have had 2 other Rugers in the past, both 270win. and both were very accurate. Im hoping that I will be blessed this time around. it is a very well made and enginerred rifle in my opinion and I love the CRF of the mauser styled bolt. How do you all think I should proceed for the initial cleaning and lubing and breaking her in? So what do you all think?? Let er Rip. Thanks

" The Greatest Reflection of the Kind of Person You Are, can be Given and Answered best by the People who Work for You rather than those You Work For. "

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bearbuck,

Like you I just picked my stainless Ruger in .338 but with laminate stock. I have had two Rugers that where borderlin accuracy wise so I am hoping the Ruger Gods shine happily on me 3rd time around Big Grin

Like you I like the mauser style action complete with self cleaning mauser bolt slop Big Grin and you have integral mounting a feature I love, I also like cz's butt hey don't make stainless rifles and I wanted one stainless gun for wet weather.

I handled a sako recently and while very nice it seemed delicate........thats how rem 700's feel to me two (I own twp good shooting rem 700's) but cz's and Rugers feel rugged and reliable and have a solidness about them.

I would just do the clean 1 shot clean 2 shots clean 3 shots and so on...................put some qaulity lube on the guns lugs to aid in prevention of galling.

Have fun and keep me posted.

By the way for what you get I reckon Rugers represent good value, I mean compare a Ruger to a howa and IMHO it's a no contest the Ruger action is just that much better.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have to add.......cz's and Rugers are poor mans mausers Big Grin

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote