New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vulkan vs Oryx pressures
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am about to start loading my precious new discontinued 232gr 9.3mm oryx's. I allready have a good load for the same weight vulkans. Has anyone noticed any difference in pressures between the vulkan and the oryx?

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted

I have used both and have not noticed any difference in pressure. I guess the internal diameter of your barrel also has something to do if you get high pressures or not.

Non of these bullets has a solid section like the partitions or A-fram bullets. Take a look at normas web site and check the reloading data the have listed there. Good Luck

/ JOHAN

one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
I found them interchangeable. I didn't change my load and the Oryx didn't change POI.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Many thanks. I'll get loading. For once I've actualy thought ahead and bought a new box of lapua brass, a new 2kg lot of VVN135 and a box of primers. The plan is to see how long 500 bullets will last just shot at big game by me and my children....

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote