THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Bullet type and best use by brand listing needed!

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bullet type and best use by brand listing needed!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of befus
posted
Lots of talk here and elsewhere of different types and brands of bullets, their uses, failures (alleged anyway), and use for different catagories of game. It is really a little daunting if all the info is not familiar to you. Is there a single source or does anyone care to take the challenge to describe various standard types and put each brand in one of the types?

Ones I see mentioned are below, some I am familiar with, many I am not. Woodleigh seems to have retained logic and simply describes theis in old fashioned terms like 'Protected Soft Point". Here is a partial list of others if anyone wants to take a shot at it.

BARNES< !--color-->

X

XLT

VLC

Triple Shock

HORNADY< !--color-->

Just Plain Hornady

V-Max

A-Max

Interlock

Interbond

LAPUA < !--color-->

Scenar

Mega

NORMA < !--color-->

Oryx

Vulcan

NOSLER < !--color-->

Ballistic Silver Tip (CT)

Fail Safe

Partition

Partition Gold

AccuBond

Ballistic Tip

SIERRA < !--color-->

Match King

Game King

Blitz King

Pro Hunter

SPEER < !--color-->

Speer

TNT

Hot-Cor

Trophy Bonded Bear Claw

Grand Slam

SWIFT < !--color-->

A-Frame

Scirocco

Posts: 241 | Location: Beautiful NW Arkansas | Registered: 27 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why do you think that the brand of primer matters with any particular bullet? It's obvious I don't understand the question.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of befus
posted Hide Post
Ah, my bad.......not the primer as in ignition, but primer as in text book listing info for all these different bullet types under proprietary names. I changed the subject line.

Posts: 241 | Location: Beautiful NW Arkansas | Registered: 27 October 2003Reply With Quote