Find
Notify
Tools

hornady A-MAX
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
has anyone laoded the 120gr. A-MAX 264 in .260 yet

Posts: 1135 | Location: SouthCarolina | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, but I only got to shoot a few before I had to leave town. They definately show promise. I'm hoping they'll work well for long range varmints.

Posts: 40 | Location: Kuna, ID | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Vines, I have some data coming in the next week or so. Will get back with you.

Posts: 1361 | Location: congress, az us | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I like the 140gr A-max in my 260ai. I just ordered some 120gr to try. The data I use won't be as usefull but you can get an idea. I am shooting w/ a 1-8 bbl.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
Shouldn't be much different than the 120 Ballistic Tip...for load data...

I'd like to try some out on game but I am thinking the ballistic tip will be superior of the two..

What caught my eye tho is the 208 grain AMax in the 30/06 and 300 Win Mag...

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote