New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which brass is made in USA?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Might as well support USA. Who makes the best USA brass?

One of Us
Picture of Gary Surko
posted Hide Post
nosler?

Political correctness offends me.

Posts: 668 | Location: Hastings, Michigan | Registered: 23 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
for handguns and some rifle brass STARLINE is hard to beat as for uniformity. allen

Posts: 99 | Location: deep south in mississippi | Registered: 12 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hornady seems to do pretty well for me, ibid Nosler which, I believe is made for them by Winchester. Most companies know how to make good brass, but will people spend enough money to pay for increased QA steps, slowing the line down a bit, etc.?

I have had great, good, fair and pee poor cases from every company out there (no poor brass from RWS, yet).

Your best bet is to invest in a tool from Sinclair to measure run out and a good scale to get an idea of uniformity. If you come across a good lot in a caliber that you plan to use a lot; well, buy a pile of that lot.

You can use every "accuracy" trick known, but you can never force bad brass to become good brass.

I'll second allen about Starline brass; it is strong and straight.

Sorry about the meandering answer, but don't buy based on the brand name unless you like getting your heart broken.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only brass I do not use is Remington. The rest, Win, Fed, Starline, Hornady and Norma that I have used have all been fine. These days I only buy Starline and Winchester for my handguns and rifles, respectively.

Posts: 1577 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote