New
Find
Notify
Tools

165gr SSTs for a 30-06
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Ok this weekend i sat down at my bench and started loading up some hornaday SSts, when i started seating the bullets the cantilure was still exposed. I do not own the hornaday reloading manual, but in the 3 books I checked the COAL was 3.330. What is the hornaday recommended COAL? Thanks

Posts: 39 | Location: Southwest VA | Registered: 18 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't have the recommended length in front of me but the exposed cantilure is fine if the rifle shoots it accurately.

Posts: 129 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: 04 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
Hornady #8 say the COL for 165 SST should be 3.210

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jay Gorski
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280wahoo:
Ok this weekend i sat down at my bench and started loading up some hornaday SSts, when i started seating the bullets the cantilure was still exposed. I do not own the hornaday reloading manual, but in the 3 books I checked the COAL was 3.330. What is the hornaday recommended COAL? Thanks

I hope youll be using 50grs RE15 with these 165SSTs, I load them to an OAL of 3.285", very good accuracy.

Posts: 1745 | Location: WI. | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With Quote