Find
Notify
Tools

WW760 Question
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Clifton Clowers
posted
Using W-W 760 in my '06 loads with standard large rifle CCI primers I believe I'm getting a hangfire. That's with both Speer 110 HP and Hornady 220 RN bullets, medium loads. Never had this happen before with W-W or Remington primers. I know that the Speer manual calls for CCI magnum primers with W-W 760 and W-W 748 powders. Anyone else have this happen?

Posts: 74 | Location: Wolverton Mountain | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Nope, try a switch

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was advised for WW ball powders to always use WLR primers. If you want to use CCI primers then use the 250. These guys reload a lot and tell me the brisance of the WLR is about equivalent to the CCI250.

Regards
JohnT

Posts: 370 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have loaded and shot many rounds of 30-06 using WW760 with 150 gr. bullets and Federal 210 primers. I have never had a hang fire with it. The only hang fires that I have ever had was with WW748 with 150 gr. bullets and Fed. 210s. About 10 out of 50 shots. I gave up one that combo.

Greg

Posts: 117 | Location: Wisconsin , USA | Registered: 07 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Clifton Clowers:
Using W-W 760 in my '06 loads with standard large rifle CCI primers I believe I'm getting a hangfire. That's with both Speer 110 HP and Hornady 220 RN bullets, medium loads. Never had this happen before with W-W or Remington primers. I know that the Speer manual calls for CCI magnum primers with W-W 760 and W-W 748 powders. Anyone else have this happen?

Have been using 760 for thirty years or so. Never had a hangfire with it in any case, including the .375 H&H. But I have heard of such things happening with some ball powders. I often use plain Fed. 210 primers too, but maybe if you went to magnum primers this would solve your problem.

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I always use a hot primer with any ball powder, I personally like Federal 215s...You won't have any misfires with these..If you do you have a problem someplace else.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42136 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clifton Clowers
posted Hide Post
Tango victor mike, 308, John T, Irish, Ray, and 40by. I tried the CCI magnums with the WW760 and they work perfectly. I like 760 alot but have always used WW or Fed primers before; never had a hangfire with 'em. Thankyou very much for the help.

Armed men are citizens. Unarmed men are subjects. Disarmed men are serfs.

Posts: 74 | Location: Wolverton Mountain | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote