New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swift A Frame 217 grain 338 dia ??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A couple of years back there was a bunch of these bullets floating around. As of late has anyone seen any of these flaoting around anywhere?

Many thanks I want to give them a go in my 338/300 WSM.

MD

Posts: 1089 | Location: Bozeman, Mt | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dobrenski:
A couple of years back there was a bunch of these bullets floating around. As of late has anyone seen any of these flaoting around anywhere?

Many thanks I want to give them a go in my 338/300 WSM.

MD

The only A-Frame close to that weight is the 225 grainer. I had no idea Swift had made a 217-grain A-Frame. I have never seen it, but I imagine that it would be quite great bullet, since quite a lot of elk hunters use the 210-grain Nosler. The A-Frame would retain more weight.

Posts: 1103 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You know Ray rumor always had it that they were made by mistake. I don't know I do know that I wished I'd of bought a couple more of them.

I do totally love the 210 TX though and guess I will be staying with it.

I suspect it'll work just fine...grins

MD

Posts: 1089 | Location: Bozeman, Mt | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark ---- Try the new 225 grain .338 TSX, I just shot a one holer with my .340 Wby using it this afternoon. I didn't think anything could touch the 225 Grain North Fork, but this new one from Barnes is getting close. thumb Good luck and good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dobrenski:

MD

Mark, Graf's had them a couple of years back and I bought 100 of them at that time. They sold out quite a while ago. They are very accurate in my .338-06.

Posts: 314 | Location: Abilene,Tx. USA | Registered: 21 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Allow me to second the nomination for the 225-grain .338 TSX. In my new, un-tuned Savage 116, I fired three CONSECUTIVE three-shot groups a week ago from 100 yards.

All three groups were under 1", but two of them were right at 1/2"! Velocity was chronoed at 2900 fps, using RE-19 powder.

The terminal effects of the TSX are pretty well-known now, and this accuracy proves that they have really arrived, as a hunting bullet. I'm tickled!

Regards from BruceB (aka Bren Mk1)

Posts: 437 | Location: nevada | Registered: 01 March 2003Reply With Quote