THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Compressed loads significance & consequences

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Compressed loads significance & consequences
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted
I HAVE READ (AND SOMETIMES HEARD OF) ABOUT COMPRESSED LOADS .... CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN ME WHAT THIS REALLY MEANS ?
THINK IS JUST FILLING THE CASE UPTO ITS MOST, BUT WANT SOMEONE WITH MORE KNOWLEDGE THAN ME TO TELL ME THE COMPLETE SIGNIFICANCE (AND CONSEQUENCES) OF A COMPRESSED LOAD (PRESSURE, BULLET DEPTH, AND WHAT SO EVER ETCETERAS MIGHT EXIST)

THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
<Kimmo E>
posted
Some information can be found here!

http://reloadbench.com/gloss/compress.html

Kimmo

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
It's basically what it says. The amount of powder under the bullet is compressed by the bullet. This almost always occurs when using heavier bullets & slower powders. I like slightly compressed loads. They seam to be a bit more uniform.

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote