THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Forming .375 H&H from Hornady Basic Magnum Brass

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forming .375 H&H from Hornady Basic Magnum Brass
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi everyone,

I'd like to form brass for a .375 H&H based wildcat (.375 ICL) from Hornady basic magnum brass so I can customize the headstamp. The brass is straight walled and I've never radically altered brass in this way before. What steps are necessary to convert the basic brass to something that can be fire formed?

Thanks

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
more along the lines of tedious, rather than complicated.

I had several boxes of the old, O-L-D Norma cylindrical brass cases years ago.

I used Imperial Sizing Die Wax, and ran them thru a 458 Win Mag FL sizing die about an inch and a half. Then, I eased them into a .41 magnum pistol die the same amount. Then, I ran them thru the 375 H&H FL sizer. Fireformed them, and loaded them up.

Today, I would run them thru my 458 Lott FL sizer, and see if I could beg, borrow, or steal a 416 Remington FL sizer. Gently...

I still have 5 boxes of the NORMA, and they have a box on the front that is stamped "Unformed Cylindrical Brass Cases. Head and Web to 300 H&H Specifications.". The headstamp is NORMA Re and SPECIAL.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was actually the direction I was heading. I really appreciate the confirmation.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote