New
Find
Notify
Tools

MORTIE & Blue Dot
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Although Mortie has not tried Blue Dot in his loading technics, I have heard it from a reliable source that he does like it in his coffee.

It gives him that extra morning zip that caffine no longer supplies.

Years ago I heard about an old trick to make Junkyard dogs mean, that the owners would put gun powder mixed in their dog food. This made them both mean and crazy, and hence made them excell at being a junk yard dog.

I wonder if Mortie's use of Blue Dot in his coffee, has contributed to his eloquence with the English language in his posts? How do we KNOW that it is not MORTIE who is using the King's English and the rest of us are just use to slang??

Please pass the Blue Dot, and the sugar......... before my coffee gets cold.

Cheers and Good shooting
seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He reads more like he has been sniffing glue for a decade or so! derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
NOt really. I just ".love" his posts that much. I just wish Mortie would not just grace us with his knowledge and wit, but share it with the rest of the world, instead of in here.

I really wish he would share it with a lot of the 'rest of the world'.

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Blue Dot in his coffee??!! And I thought Mortie was just suffering from lead poisoning! Just shows what I know!

______

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Quote:

"Although Mortie has not tried Blue Dot in his loading technics, I have heard it from a reliable source that he does like it in his coffee."

And u were wondering why he keeps SHOOTING his mouth off. roger

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It was the nitroglycerine in the powder that gave the dogs agitation.My brother did just that in the Korean war.

Posts: 255 | Location: Wurtsboro,NY.USA | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
From weighing medicine in the RBCS 5-0-5 scale, I get a few flakes of Blue Dot from time to time.

I believe this has not hurt me, and is building up my imunity. This could be handy someday in a future hunting - camping - reloading - cooking incedent, where everyone gets gunpowder poisoning, and it will be up to me with my imunity to drive the rest of the guys to the hospital.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Probably his idea of "Blue Dot" is what he sees after looking into the sun for too long when chasing "squills"

Posts: 2852 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 45LCshooter
posted Hide Post
So, do you suggest he start at 40% capacity, 60%, or full to the mouth? I vote for full capacity, but where do you put the primer?

Posts: 381 | Location: Kiowa, AL | Registered: 08 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seagul, for as much as you like Mortie and proclaim his wonderful existence on this board, I'm beginning to think you ARE Mortie. Get a life, or go hunting, or talk about something worth a damn.

Posts: 185 | Location: IL | Registered: 25 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Quote:

"{Seagul," "Get a life, or go hunting, or talk about something worth a damn."

If you were to contribute 1/10 of what this man is still contributing I'll take up a collection and send you all the preperation H you need. roger

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fur.

I agree with the go hunting part, but it has been raining.

As far as get a life, well, been working on that one for 50 yrs.

Do something else, I am doing that most of the time.

Mortie just wears thin with me and poking a little humor at him assists me in my tolerance of him. I like most others wish MORTIE will just go find someone else to clutter up the world with his wit.

Not trying to mess with your life. If it bugs you, I humbly suggest just pass it on by.
Read a few of your posts and respect what you have written, so I don't mind a poke from someone I can respect.

Cheers and good shooting
seafire

one of us
posted Hide Post
Very well.

Posts: 185 | Location: IL | Registered: 25 March 2004Reply With Quote