New
Find
Notify
Tools

100 gr. Nosler BT's in 250-3000?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I recently purchased a used rifle in 250-3000 with a 1 in 12 inch twist barrel. Will this rate of twist be sufficient to stabilize a Nosler 100 gr. Ballistic Tip bullet?

Posts: 107 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 28 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Works fine in mine.

Even works fine in a .25-35 Improved w/ a 1-14 barrel.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What rifle did you buy? I have an M99 Savage in .250. A 100 Hornady jerked the rug out from under a chunky doe earlier this year. Centered the left shoulder, exited in front of the right.

She speaks with a soft voice and doesn't beat you up, but the deer don't know that!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. I bought a used "custom" rifle with a SAKO L579 action and a DOUGLAS Premium barrel. The barrel is stamped with a FLAIG's moniker, and my guess it was originally sold as a barreled action which was fitted to an aftermarket stock by the owner. The stock appears to be cherry. It is my first "big game" rifle, and I did not want anything that recoiled too hard. The caliber seems to be a good match for the action, and my intended useage, deer at moderate range.

Posts: 107 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 28 October 2001Reply With Quote