THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Re: Anyone see Jamison's Article on Bonded Bullets?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Anyone see Jamison's Article on Bonded Bullets?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Quote:

In my mind, of the tipped jacketed bullets, the Accubonds are the best hands down, here is why I like the Accubond bullets:
They are in heavy for caliber weights which is a benifit not only in B.C. but also in limiting expansion and increasing penetration in a straight line.They also foul no more then the standard Ballistic Tip.They are not a sticky bullet so pressures will not rise prematurely due to bore friction.They do not expant to a huge frontal area like the Swift and even Hornady bullets will for better penetration.

Good Shooting!!!

Do you have any load data for 180grs NAB in a 300 winmag ?
I used 76,5 grs RL22 with NBT, can i use the same load ?

TIA

Posts: 64 | Location: Norway | Registered: 07 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tiny
posted Hide Post
What Issue is that article in??

Thanks

Posts: 205 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
It's in the June issue I believe.

Looks like the Swift Scirroco really shined above the rest, better BC, penetration, and weight retention. They did set the standard for bonded bullets.

I kind of doubted the bashing they recieved on this site. There construction is much better yet, people were saying they were about like NBTs and the Accu-Bond and Interbonds were better. I guess that test really showed their true performance against the others.

The Accuracy issue kind of bothers me, I have heard of several folks not achieving very good accuracy w/ the Swifts.

Sounds like they are pretty good hunting bullets. If we could just get Swift to come off of their HIGH PRICES, then I would see the advantage in the Scirrocos.

As far as "Bang for your Buck," looks like HDY IB has them all beat hands down.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's kind of funny. Every one talks about how expensive the Scirocco's are. From Midway here are the prices per 100

Nosler Accubond 180 $36.40 (2 x $18.20)
Hornady Interbond 180 $31.25
Swift Scirocco 180 $38.49

Yes, they are the most expensive of the lot, but there is only $2.09 difference between the Noslers and the Swifts. Pretty much chump change when shooting bullets of this quality.

Obviously, if economics is the biggest concern, Hornady wins hands down. However, for the difference in the prices I will take the best performer and pay/save the difference.

Posts: 437 | Location: S.E. Idaho | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tiny
posted Hide Post
Reloader- Thanks Will see if I can a copy.

Posts: 205 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With Quote