THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alliant Bullseye availabilty/Alternative?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi all,
I have not been able to find Alliant Bullseye Powder for quite some time now. I have grown accustomed to using it for my 9mm loads, 115GR, 124GR (jacketed, plated and lead). Any ideas where I can find this stuff?
If not, has Alliant replaced it with something else?
Is there another better powder that you would recommend for such loads?

Thanks,
Steve

One of Us
Picture of Smokin Joe
posted Hide Post

Posts: 403 | Location: CA | Registered: 30 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lohmans is out of stock. Called them yesterday, but thanks for trying.

Thanks,
Steve

one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
Have a look at Powder Valley. Buy a couple of 8 pounders.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Powder Valley out of stock! LOL. This stuff is like GOLD! Any better alternatives for the above mention loads?

Thanks,
Steve

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
When is this damn shortage going to be over???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37821 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used Bullseye with much success in the 9mmLuger with 115 grain bullets and then tried PowerPistol and liked it better. The PowerPistol burned cleaner and the pistols seemed to shoot a little better. I have no idea of availability of it though.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1191 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted 17 September 2013 05:10Hide Post
Powder Valley out of stock! LOL. This stuff is like GOLD! Any better alternatives for the above mention loads?

right now all powder is like 'gold'

Posts: 1137 | Location: SouthCarolina | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
unique is a classic 9mm powder. I use ww231 and Titegroup too.

Posts: 6481 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
If you are looking for a fast powder how about PROMO/Red Dot?

Powder Valley may have some . . .

Or NOT

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4258 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been using W231 in my 9 for a long time and it seems to work well. That said it probably isn't any more available than Bullseye right now. I buy it in 8# jugs.
C.G.B.

One of Us
Picture of PaulS
posted Hide Post
Hodgdon HP-38, WW231, and Bullseye are all good powders in the 9mm, 380 family. HP-38 seems about the cleanest with WW231 very close. Bullseye has always been a very dirty powder in my experience.

Speer, Sierra, Lyman, Hornady, Hodgdon have reliable reloading data. You won't find it on so and so's web page.

Posts: 639 | Location: SE WA.  | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
okay, dumb question. But in my reloading manuals if it has a load for a specific bullet weight and the powder is listed as "231," can I assume that is always Winchester 231?

Thanks,
Steve

One of Us
Picture of PaulS
posted Hide Post
Since I don't know of any other pistol powder with the same designation, yes I would say it is safe to assume (there's that word) that it is WW 231 powder.

Speer, Sierra, Lyman, Hornady, Hodgdon have reliable reloading data. You won't find it on so and so's web page.

Posts: 639 | Location: SE WA.  | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With Quote