New
Find
Notify
Tools

new lee manual
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just bought one of the new lee loading manuels. Reading the portions before the loading data is a gas. He sure doesn't have any appreciation for any other loading tool maker but lee and isn't shy about saying so.

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but they have some good loading data. I like how many different powders they give starting and max loads on with their respective pressures. Lee does get a little preachy about their loaders, but I guess that is why it is a Lee Loading Manual

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use some Lee reloading tools, but the latest Reloading book is one of the few books on anything that I've given away.
Maybe too few powders that I use? Can't remember.
Jl.

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I picked up that Lee manual as my regular books are up here in the living room. It had a maximum load for 170 gr bullets in the 8X57 using IMR 4064 thats about 15 grs under the real max.

I almost threw the book into the stove. I skimmed the begining of the book. The Lee book is useless to me.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote