Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

7.62 x 39 loading data
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone have any loading data for this calbre using 110 HP bullets? Shooting a heavy barrelled Mauser action on God's little creatures (gophers)at distance. Thanks for your time.

Shoot FIRST, not back.

Posts: 6 | Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Both H110 and W296 have extractor groove expansion greater than .001" with 123 gr bullets between 25 and 26 gr of powder.

If I wanted to develop a high performance load with 110 gr bullets, those ball powders or LIL'GUN is where I would start.

I would try necking up and resizing 220 Russian or the discontinued 7.62x39mm RP brass. These cases with small primer pockets should take higher pressure than the Berdan primed steel cases or the currently available brass cases with large primer pockets from Lapua, Win, etc.

In such a small based rimless case, the large primer pocket makes the case have a very low pressure real limit.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

In such a small based rimless case, the large primer pocket makes the case have a very low pressure real limit.

And why is that?

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hello Ricciadelli & Clark
I went to the site and it looks really good for information. As for the RP small primer cases, I have some along with Winchester large primer cases so I will do a little experimenting with both and do some measurements afterwords. Thanks to both and RB for private message.

Posts: 6 | Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
Quote:

The steel ones will hold more pressure than a brass one!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

The steel ones will hold more pressure than a brass one!

I suppose we have to define: "before WHAT happens?"

The brass ones loose the primer when their extractor grooves grow, the com block steel cases start growing the extractor grooves with less powder and the primers crater back thruogh the firing pin hole, but the primers don't fall out.

If they made steel cases in the same thicknesses as brass cases, then we would have something.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote