New
Find
Notify
Tools

7mm Rem Mag - IMR Enduron powders
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'd appreciate any load info you have using IMR 4451, 4955, or 7977.

I know about the load data on Hodgdon's site, but am looking for personal experience with these powders in the 7 Rem mag.

Thanks,

David

Posts: 301 | Location: Corvallis, Oregon | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
homerI have a chart on my wall for 12 years with 200 different powders for the reloader 12 YEARS. How many more do we really need? Personally I think this falls in the category of coming out with new cartridges for a short term marketing gain. JMHO beer roger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DKim I have been playing with some 7977 in the 7mm Rem with 140 gr TTSX bullets. I had been using 7828 usually with very good results. I found 7977 to be slightly slower and it will take 2 or 3 grs more than 7828. There can be quite a difference in max loads from one 7mm mag to another so I am reluctant to put a number on a max charge in my rifle. I find the velocity is up a few ft/sec over what I was getting with 7828 (40-50 ft/sec). Hope that helps

Posts: 2442 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks snowman.

I hear you bartsche - the temp insensitivity seems like a good thing.

Anyone else?

Posts: 301 | Location: Corvallis, Oregon | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote