THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendations for custom reloading service?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking for a real pro to reload some ammo for me, starting with maybe a test pack, then once best load is found, ordering a bunch. Any opinions???

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Contact www.superiorammo.com

What caliber[s]?

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Superior Ammo has a very Good rep out here. Many of the PH's order from him and collect their annual supply when they go over for the show.

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Another option would be www.safariarms.com

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Reload your own.Its very simple!

*We Band of .338 ers*.NRA Member

Posts: 415 | Location: Milwaukee WI USA | Registered: 07 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RiflemanZ:

I noticed he is from Metro NYC, I believe there are restrctions on purchasing reloading equipment and powder there, am I right? This MIGHT be why he wants to pay somebody to do the load work. I was gonna say Arizona Custom Ammunition, but the link does not work.

Lost River Ballistic will do load development for your rifle if you want to use their super expensive bullets.

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gixxer:
quote:
Originally posted by RiflemanZ:

I noticed he is from Metro NYC, I believe there are restrctions on purchasing reloading equipment and powder there, am I right? This MIGHT be why he wants to pay somebody to do the load work. I was gonna say Arizona Custom Ammunition, but the link does not work.

Lost River Ballistic will do load development for your rifle if you want to use their super expensive bullets.

If he lives in NYC it's only $5 to drive across NJ's Moat (The Hudson river) on the GW Bridge follow Route4 West to Route 17 take route17North about a mile an half to Ramsey Outdoor in Paramus and buy whatever he wants over the counter.... you have to sign for propellant in NJ but...

NYC has restrictions because they have ID requirements on the purchase of pistol ammo
and are worried gangbangers can avoid record keeping by "rolling their own".

Remember one stupid law makes all laws stupid.

Actually thinking about it it's free for him to drive from NYC to NJ... NYC charges admission (the toll on the bridge) to get back in!

BTW, if he's in Brooklyn or Staten Island
I'd head across the Gothals bridge and look
to Follow US22West across NJ to Ray's SportShop
in Plainfield/Watchung NJ.
they are RIGHT ON US22 and they have a somewhat better selection of reloading equipment and slightly lower prices on propellant.

As a NewYorker he probably thinks the entire world ends at the Hudson River...

I'll say for firearms and reloading equipment
the world starts west of the hudson river
(there is another good place in Rockland County NY right off of NY17, but I can't remember their name offhand... They are on the southbound side just across the line into NY.

I could almost tolerate living in Northeast Mass, because it's just such a short ride to Kittery, Maine and the Kittery trading post.

For "Gun Nuts" in Boston Life starts at the salmon falls river as you head north from NewHampshire into Maine.

AllanD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Having handloaded ammo in NYC is like having a Ferrari in a feedlot.

What caliber you looking for ?

Posts: 901 | Location: Denver, CO USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
interesting analogy skb.

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What about Conley Custom Ammo?

Posts: 10376 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very funny Allen! Thanks fellas. I don't want to get into reloading, but I do want what reloads offer....I don't mind paying for that.
Lots of good advice, directions and all.
Ferrari in the driveway...I wish, but us New Yorkers do hunt too, just that we have to travel to do it. I drive about 1/2 hour north of mid-town manhattan, and bowhunt whitetails just as big as those big ones you fellas get to hunt in the mid-west...and STILL I get to live in the greatest city there is, and not in the middle of nowhere!
Anyway, thanks for the advice, and I put an order in with Superior.

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
www.starsandstripesammo.com

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty Marlin
posted Hide Post
Wolfgar, will you be sending the rifle? I'm just curious, because reloading your own allows you to take into account manufacturing tolerances so you can load "to the gun".

I have the feeling that paying for custom handloads won't get you any farther than simply using premium grade factory ammo. Without the gun in hand a custom loader will have to make your ammo right to SAAMI spec as opposed to the ammo being truly custom fitted to the chamber.

Unless you need ammo for a rare or wildcat chambering of course.

Rusty's Action Works
Montross VA.
Action work for Cowboy Shooters &
Manufacturer of Stylized Rigby rifle sights. http://i61.photobucket.com/alb.../th_isofrontleft.jpg

Posts: 863 | Location: Northern Neck Va | Registered: 14 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My point exactly rusty........you worded it better.

Posts: 901 | Location: Denver, CO USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Rusty,
I had good luck a few years ago with a sample pack. 3 of the groups were OK, but then the last was one big hole. Thanks for the advice.

One of Us
Picture of STINGER
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfgar:
Very funny Allen! Thanks fellas. I don't want to get into reloading, but I do want what reloads offer....I don't mind paying for that.
Lots of good advice, directions and all.
Ferrari in the driveway...I wish, but us New Yorkers do hunt too, just that we have to travel to do it. I drive about 1/2 hour north of mid-town manhattan, and bowhunt whitetails just as big as those big ones you fellas get to hunt in the mid-west...and STILL I get to live in the greatest city there is, and not in the middle of nowhere!
Anyway, thanks for the advice, and I put an order in with Superior.

FATHER FORGIVE THEM, FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO.

PLEASE EXCUSE CAPS, HANDICAPPED TYPIST.

"THE" THREAD KILLER

IT'S OK......I'VE STARTED UP MY MEDS AGAIN. THEY SHOULD TAKE EFFECT IN ABOUT A WEEK. (STACI-2006)

HAPPY TRAILS

HANDLOADS ARE LIKE UNDERWEAR....BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SWAP WITH.

BILL

Posts: 479 | Location: MINOT, NORTH DAKOTA | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote