Find
Notify
Tools

Bullet run-out advice?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MMM
posted Hide Post
Stillbeeman,you're gonna have to come clean the milk off my keyboard.Smiler About your question, literally,if all my rounds were mixed, then by the weakest link theory I would say 2-1/2 inches or so. What I think you are really asking is, did those rounds shoot a bigger group because I knew the runout was greater? My honest answer is, I hope not!
I enjoy this board. One of my other favorites is Culver's Shooting Page, now it used to get hot on that board! Since the reorganization it seems to have mellowed quite a bit. I think it's all pretty entertaining.

Posts: 172 | Location: north MS | Registered: 28 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Stillbeeman, I'm from OKC. I've shot Blackpowder Silhouette up a Red Castle several times but not recently. I miss Mrs. Hagars cooking. They ran a nice set of matches up there - really good people........................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MMM, no, what I meant, and I still play this game with myself, was to put your lots of run outs onto different plain bags with id slips inside of the bags and have a fried mix the bags up so you wouldn't know what the run out was of the lot you were shooting.
I will still segregate loads into brown lunch sacks and put a postum inside the sack with the load info and then mix the sacks around at the shooting bench and mark them 1, 2, 3, etc. I mark the targets with the sack number and don't know which load shot which target until I'm back in the reloading shop.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
I swear someday I'm going to try a Creighton Ladder like HotCore suggests!....DJ
Hey DJ, It works for me, but there are some tricks to it. Since each Load Level is a single shot, it is very important to maintain a high level of Focus on technique, form, shooting style, or whatever the fad name is.

I've had days where I realized I would be totally wasting my time and components if I'd gone ahead and shot. Having 3-shot groups ready instead of single shots "might" have convinced me to go on with the Testing.

And it really helps when you can do the shooting at 300yds if there is no wind. If the wind kicks in, then the Holes don't mean a whole lot. But that could be true with 3-5 shot groups as well.

Anyway, a person should use what they feel gives them the most confidence doing.

Best of luck to you.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote