New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello
 Login/Join

Picture of halo68
posted
Hi, I am a new member and just wanted to say Hi, I reload for rifle, handgun, and shotgun. My reloading equipment is Dillon for the handguns, Redding, Wilson and sinclair equip. for the rifles.

Life MemberNRA
Life Member Purple Heart
NRA Instructor, all Phases

One of Us
Picture of 303Guy
posted Hide Post
Hi there, halo68. Good to have you aboard! beer

I used to load for shotgun and handgun but now only rifle. I am busy switching to paper patched bullets. Heaps of fun! Stunning performance too.

Regards
303Guy

Posts: 2518 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome halo 68! clap stir clap

Posts: 171 | Location: Finland | Registered: 17 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
waveHello Back-atcha! spaceGlad you finally arrived. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Hello, here are some things that I have picked up here on AR from our fellow member...funny stuff

Mike_Dettorre

What I have learned on AR:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place to get a steak dinner? is…you really want pork chops.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 inches in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from
different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified so it can carry at least 4 down.
5. While a floor plate and a detachable box magazine both use mechanical latches, only the floor plate latch is reliable
regardless of the fact that almost every modern military rifle in the world uses a detachable box magazine including those
chambered in 50 BMG.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact that it is the choice of more military sniper units and law
enforcement agencies than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR, and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting game that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (despite the fact most safaris take place in the winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. It is not the size of the ding in the gun's finish that matters but whether or not the ding occurred in the safe or in the field because safe dings are okay but field dings are worse.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
and hello to you.
az john, formerly 1st Cav. Medevac 68-69